Congratulations on your engagement! This is an exciting time in your life, and there are so many things to do to get ready for your wedding. Here are a few things to keep in mind after you get engaged:
- Take a moment to savor the moment. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of planning your wedding, but it's important to take a moment to just enjoy being engaged. This is a special time in your life, and you should cherish every moment!
- Talk to your partner about your vision for your wedding. Don't get ahead of yourself. It's important to be on the same page with your partner when it comes to your wedding. Talk about what's important to you both and what kind of wedding you want to have. This will help you to make decisions down the road.
- Start planning your budget. Weddings can be expensive, so it's important to start planning your budget as soon as possible. This will help you to avoid going into debt and to make sure that you have enough money to cover all of your expenses.
- Decide your wedding location. This is where you decide if you want to elope to a little Greek Island, or get married close to the town you live in. This will be important step before you look at dates and venues as it will determine where you will start your venue search. Consider both your families and friends travelling to your chosen venue as well.
- Choose a wedding date. Now that you have your location, you can set your wedding date. Be aware that this might be a tentative date dependent on venue availability and other variables. I would suggest picking your top three dates and then from there, you can give these dates to your venue choice.
- Research your venues. Once you have a “tentative date” start looking at and researching your dream venues. Are you looking to have a small wedding o big? Most venues have an extensive online presence and can be easily researched via the internet. Most venues have a coordinator so contact them and set up an appointment and ask questions.
- Decide own your guests numbers. Now the hard part for some! Sit down and outline a rough size for your wedding guest list. Do you want a small wedding or a big wedding? This will affect the venue, other vendors and most of all your wedding budget. Know that this is a draft list, and you can always fine-tune it at a later time.
- Do your research. There's a lot of information out there about weddings, so it's important to do your research before you start making any decisions. This will help you to find the best vendors and to get the most out of your budget.
- Be flexible. Things don't always go according to plan, so it's important to be flexible. Be prepared to make changes to your plans as needed and to go with the flow.
- Enjoy the process! Wedding planning can be a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun. Make sure to enjoy the process and to savour every moment.
Here are some additional tips:
- Start early. The earlier you start planning, the more time you'll have to make decisions and to get organized. This will help to reduce stress and to make the planning process more enjoyable.
- Be organized. There's a lot of information to keep track of when you're planning a wedding, so it's important to be organized. Use a wedding planner or a spreadsheet to keep track of everything.
- Delegate. Don't try to do everything yourself. Delegate tasks to your family and friends, or to professional wedding planners. This will help you to reduce stress and to make sure that everything gets done.
- Take care of yourself. Wedding planning can be stressful, so it's important to take care of yourself. Make sure to get enough sleep, to eat healthy foods, and to exercise regularly. This will help you to stay healthy and to enjoy the planning process.
- Enjoy the journey. Wedding planning is a journey, and it's important to enjoy the ride. Make sure to savor every moment and to cherish the memories that you are making.